Our best preventative algaecide. Concentrated 50% strength so you use very little to maintain algae-free water. Ideal for regular weekly use to prevent a wide variety of algal species from gaining a foothold in your pool.
- A concentrated, highly effective algae preventative
- Our new 3rd Generation Active Formula
- A traditional approach to controlling algae utilizing a concentrated chemistry
- 50% concentration - strong so you use less
- Low foaming
- Easier to store
- To prevent algae. A small application of an effective algicide weekly makes it difficult for algae to reproduce in swimming pool water.
Algae Resist 50 is concentrated so you use very little.
- A synergistic blend of 2 active compounds for significant improvement in the spectrum of algal, cyanobacteria and other microorganism species controlled
It works better when chlorine and other sanitizers are compromised, continuing to prevent algae when the risk of an infestation is at its highest;
- Algae Resist 50 is not pH dependent. It continues to work when chlorine can be compromised from pH imbalance
- Algae Resist 50 doubles its effectiveness with every 4°C rise in water temperature. Chlorine dissipates more quickly as water warms.
- Algae Resist 50 concentrates on surfaces, penetrating into pores and crevices, where algae hides. Chlorine can only go where the water takes it.
- Algae Resist 50 is a powerful wetting agent, attacking the slimy membrane of algal species. Chlorine is unable to penetrate this membrane at normal levels.
- The bottom line – Algae Resist 50 works better when chlorine and other sanitizers could be compromised. An insurance policy against unwanted algae.
- Apply initially at the start of each pool season
- Then weekly thereafter
- An extra dose can be applied following inclement weather – heavy rain, thunderstorms
- Can be used at pool closing for protection against algae over the winter months
- Initially – use 20 mls per 10,000 litres
- Weekly maintenance – use 10 mls per 10,000 litres
- Do not overdose. Algae Resist 50 is a low-foaming product. It can foam if overdosed or the pool water is aerated from a water feature or suction leak. Test a small amount if unsure.
- For best results, always apply Algae Resist 50 approx. 1 hour after a shock treatment, as part of a systematic approach to pool care
- Add by pouring the required amount around the edges of the pool
- Brushing the pool surfaces should have been done immediately after the shock treatment. If this wasn’t done or the product is being added without a shock treatment being employed, brush following application to liberate stubborn algae from the surface.